Adult Bearded Dragon Supplement Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jtowns7

Hi friends! I have a question about my beardie’s supplement schedule. I currently use a Reptisun 10.0 T5 tube and my Mushu is going on 4 years old. I usually dust his feeders Monday and Wednesday with ReptiCalcium w/out D3 and alternate each Friday with ReptiCalcium w/ D3 and Reptivite w/ D3. So in visual terms:

Week 1
Monday - ReptiCalcium w/out D3
Wednesday - ReptiCalcium w/out D3
Friday - ReptiCalium w/ D3

Week 2
Monday - ReptiCalcium w/out D3
Wednesday - ReptiCalcium w/out D3
Friday - Reptivite w/ D3

I guess my main concern is if this is accurate for an adult bearded dragon? He seems to be doing okay with this schedule, but I’m always trying to learn more and any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That should work as long as he's eating mostly veges. Adults should get most of their nutrients from a balanced salad. The supplementation is to make up for deficiencies in the captive bred bugs. I usually dust all of the bugs I offer with plain calcium (sometimes a multivitamin) and don't supplement the salads. Bug meals are once or twice per week and salads are offered daily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom