Removing dubia from adult diet

Status
Not open for further replies.

wuke

My beardie is 3 years old. She's a good eater and loves her greens. I've had a dubia colony that I've been feeding her from since she was a baby.

Recently here in Texas we had some winter weather and lost power for several days. My dubia colony is kaput.

I'm not particularly excited about starting up a new colony. Would it be ok for a 3 year old beardie to have a diet of superworms and greens instead of dubia and greens?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
At that age they should definitely be eating mostly veges. Try offering a nice variety in salads and just rotate based on what's in season and looks good at the store. I like to reference this list for ideas http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html

It doesn't really make sense to re-establish a colony for just one adult dragon (though they are very good at eating up leftover salads). Since they only need one or two bug meals per week, the colony would likely get out of control. I would rotate bugs you offer as well. Order some black soldier fly larvae and feed those off for a while. Then order in some silk worms or some hornworms etc. You can order single batches of roaches too. Variety is key to a healthy diet for them, so offer her lots of choices, but it doesn't need to be roaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom