BABY BEARDIE NOT EATING

Status
Not open for further replies.

flights

My baby beardie recently hasn't been eating any idea?
The temperature is around 85* and the humidity is 35% :?:

flights

Original Poster
SANDSTORMtbeardie11":1k468q8d said:
flights":1k468q8d said:
When did you get it?
I've recently picked him up about 2 days ago I'm assuming my beardie isn't accustomed yet but just to be sure. He was eating perfectly in the morning you ate like 8 crickets and some meal worms and it seems like he wants to eat as he was following the cricket container I have thats in front of his enclosure

flights":3eq3sh7k said:
SANDSTORMtbeardie11":3eq3sh7k said:
flights":3eq3sh7k said:
When did you get it?
I've recently picked him up about 2 days ago I'm assuming my beardie isn't accustomed yet but just to be sure. He was eating perfectly in the morning you ate like 8 crickets and some meal worms and it seems like he wants to eat as he was following the cricket container I have thats in front of his enclosure

Do not feed him mealworms until your beardie is an adult or else he could get impacted. And yes you are right he hasnt yet gotten used to his new surroundings so everything is normal but just no more mealworms. The basking spot should be around 100-110 degrees fahrenheit :)

flights

Original Poster
SANDSTORMtbeardie11":2iaaq44z said:
flights":2iaaq44z said:
SANDSTORMtbeardie11":2iaaq44z said:
flights":2iaaq44z said:
When did you get it?

Do not feed him mealworms until your beardie is an adult or else he could get impacted. And yes you are right he hasnt yet gotten used to his new surroundings so everything is normal but just no more mealworms. The basking spot should be around 100-110 degrees fahrenheit :)

Any idea what I could do to get the basking spot to 100-110 degrees? I'm also currently trying to purchase a 40 gallon as currently he's just sitting in a 10 gallon, and I've been thinking about using bsfl as I read that its much more nutritious and provides calcium for the beardie :D (I also currently just have 1 basking bulb and not sure about the watt power.)

flights":1h69svxy said:
SANDSTORMtbeardie11":1h69svxy said:
SANDSTORMtbeardie11":1h69svxy said:
When did you get it?

Any idea what I could do to get the basking spot to 100-110 degrees? I'm also currently trying to purchase a 40 gallon as currently he's just sitting in a 10 gallon, and I've been thinking about using bsfl as I read that its much more nutritious and provides calcium for the beardie :D (I also currently just have 1 basking bulb and not sure about the watt power.)

You could just buy another bulb, but definetly do reasearch before buying ANYTHING because some of the bulbs could cause sicknesses for your beardie and of course nobody wants that. (I'm not sure how to raise the temp other than just replacing the bulb) And bsfl is a good staple for him so you'll definitely want to get some of those since they provide sufficient protein and calcium. You'll want to get a UVB bulb as well with a dome lamp. (10 watt) :)

flights

Original Poster
I will def pick up 1000 or less from https://symtonbsf.com as I heard they last awhile
And for uvb I just have a strip on the cooling side and a double dome lamp for the basking
side that has a ceramic heat emitter for night time and just a normal basking light
The uvb strip is 50 watt i think? and its getting around 85* thats what I meant when i said the temp but I just have a therm and a hygrometer on the wall of the enclosure but its on the cooling side so I dont know the exact heat on the basking side :) And about upgrading to the 40 gal The water dish and the food dish take up most of it so its rather hard to just chill on the cooling side so I hopefully can get it soon and it'll benefit my beardie a lot cause he doesn't have a lot of space to explore! let me know if you have any other sites to get less bsfl from

flights":m886dqaw said:
I will def pick up 1000 or so from https://symtonbsf.com as I heard they last awhile
And for uvb I just have a strip on the cooling side and a double dome lamp for the basking
side that has a ceramic heat emitter for night time and just a normal basking light
The uvb strip is 50 watt i think? and its getting around 85* thats what I meant when i said the temp but I just have a therm and a hygrometer on the wall of the enclosure but its on the cooling side so I dont know the exact heat on the basking side :) And about upgrading to the 40 gal The water dish and the food dish take up most of it so its rather hard to just chill on the cooling side so I hopefully can get it soon

I haven't yet orded from that website but someone did recommend me to them yesterday so I'll be ordering from them too. Water dishes aren't really necessary since beardies get hydration from their salads (or veggies) and baths so I hope that clears up some space. But you should keep up with the temps of the basking area, so you could get a tempurature gun to be sure of the tempurature.

flights

Original Poster
SANDSTORMtbeardie11":2rjfvk84 said:
flights":2rjfvk84 said:
I will def pick up 1000 or so from https://symtonbsf.com as I heard they last awhile
The uvb strip is 50 watt i think? and its getting around 85* thats what I meant when i said the temp but I just have a therm and a hygrometer on the wall of the enclosure but its on the cooling side so I dont know the exact heat on the basking side :) And about upgrading to the 40 gal The water dish and the food dish take up most of it so its rather hard to just chill on the cooling side so I hopefully can get it soon

I haven't yet orded from that website but someone did recommend me to them yesterday so I'll be ordering from them too. Water dishes aren't really necessary since beardies get hydration from their salads (or veggies) and baths so I hope that clears up some space. But you should keep up with the temps of the basking area, so you could get a tempurature gun to be sure of the tempurature.

I'll probably consider removing the water dish and just giving him water using a syringe, currnetly trying to get my beardie to eat veggies as he's very stubborn when i tried to give him some veggies
and which sites have you already ordered from?

flights":2md2j5cz said:
SANDSTORMtbeardie11":2md2j5cz said:
flights":2md2j5cz said:

I'll probably consider removing the water dish and just giving him water using a syringe, currnetly trying to get my beardie to eat veggies as he's very stubborn when i tried to give him some veggies

Aww a stubborn baby beardie is definitely common on its first days. When feeding mine I use a bottle thats like a ketchup bottle excep it's not.

it looks like this

https://www.google.com/search?q=ketchup+bottle+plastic&safe=active&rlz=1CARWXF_enUS940&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=CcvDzf4_KWMcWM%252CIXum8ewgTU8n5M%252C_&vet=1&usg=AI4_-kRR088nnsg6inrZVvGvmDbKgEfxGw&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiy9ZGxu9zwAhWGbc0KHeI8CrsQ9QF6BAgJEAE#imgrc=CcvDzf4_KWMcWM

I've only orderd phoenix worms from here once. It's called
https://phoenixworm.com. DO NOT get small worms because they will be EXTREMELY too small and you can barely even see them. What veggies do you use?

flights

Original Poster
SANDSTORMtbeardie11":3778yd6h said:
flights":3778yd6h said:
SANDSTORMtbeardie11":3778yd6h said:
flights":3778yd6h said:

Aww a stubborn baby beardie is definitely common on its first days. When feeding mine I use a bottle thats like a ketchup bottle excep it's not.

it looks like this

https://www.google.com/search?q=ketchup+bottle+plastic&safe=active&rlz=1CARWXF_enUS940&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=CcvDzf4_KWMcWM%252CIXum8ewgTU8n5M%252C_&vet=1&usg=AI4_-kRR088nnsg6inrZVvGvmDbKgEfxGw&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiy9ZGxu9zwAhWGbc0KHeI8CrsQ9QF6BAgJEAE#imgrc=CcvDzf4_KWMcWM

https://phoenixworm.com. DO NOT get small worms because they will be EXTREMELY too small and you can barely even see them. What veggies do you use?

Assuming medium worms should be good?
Size between his eye are about half a inch, and I think I have a mix of collard greens, kale, and bell peppers in there, and i'll most likely be adding fruit with it (just testing out the waters for him to see what my dude likes). I'm pretty sure he isn't aware that theres a food bowl so probably going to replace it with a shorter bowl so he can see the food. And how do you go with feeding him with that bottle, You mean like water or what? Yeah but most likely my beardie will try out some greens when he gets more accustomed to his enclosure! :lol:

flights":2profgf5 said:
SANDSTORMtbeardie11":2profgf5 said:
SANDSTORMtbeardie11":2profgf5 said:

it looks like this

Size between his eye are about half a inch, and I think I have a mix of collard greens, kale, and bell peppers in there, and i'll most likely be adding fruit with it (just testing out the waters for him to see what my dude likes). I'm pretty sure he isn't aware that theres a food bowl so probably going to replace it with a shorter bowl so he can see the food. And how do you go with feeding him with that bottle, You mean like water or what? Yeah but most likely my beardie will try out some greens when he gets more accustomed to his enclosure! :lol:

Yes medium should be fine. Fruits can only be fed occasionaly so just be mindful of that as well. And when I feed her with the bottle i just gently squeeze the water by her mouth and she drinks it, but I make sure to stay away from her nostrils or she'll get upset. But the water always gets everywhere but I just clean it afterwards. :lol:

flights

Original Poster
SANDSTORMtbeardie11":fc5q8juq said:
flights":fc5q8juq said:

I'll plan on sticking to that regimen of just feeding greens and a lot of protein such as a mixture of crickets and bsfl for that protein and calcium, and how long could a baby last without eating? (hopefully he'll eat within the morning of tommorow

flights":18xdy2ph said:
SANDSTORMtbeardie11":18xdy2ph said:
flights":18xdy2ph said:

I'll plan on sticking to that regimen of just feeding greens and a lot of protein such as a mixture of crickets and bsfl for that protein and calcium, and how long could a baby last without eating? (hopefully he'll eat within the morning of tommorow

It is unhealthy for a baby or juvenile Bearded Dragon to go more than 24 hours without food, but of course never give up handling and continue to feed him. He might be eating when you're not around, but even if he eats once or twice a day that's definitely a start!

flights

Original Poster
SANDSTORMtbeardie11":vu5ps1f3 said:
flights":vu5ps1f3 said:
SANDSTORMtbeardie11":vu5ps1f3 said:
flights":vu5ps1f3 said:
It is unhealthy for a baby or juvenile Bearded Dragon to go more than 24 hours without food, but of course never give up handling and continue to feed him. He might be eating when you're not around, but even if he eats once or twice a day that's definitely a start!

Im assuming because of mealworms dont follow the rule where the length of the feeder has to be below the size between their eyes is another problem and I think my beardie is having trouble digesting it hence not eating and, any idea how to prevent glass surfing, I know he's going at his own reflection but im not sure how to make it so he doesn't see it as I already covered 3 sides and cant do it for all and cant really move him anywhere else as he's on my desk and myshelf is occupied by my frogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom