BABY BEARDIE NOT EATING

Status
Not open for further replies.
flights":3mygf7n7 said:
SANDSTORMtbeardie11":3mygf7n7 said:
SANDSTORMtbeardie11":3mygf7n7 said:
It is unhealthy for a baby or juvenile Bearded Dragon to go more than 24 hours without food, but of course never give up handling and continue to feed him. He might be eating when you're not around, but even if he eats once or twice a day that's definitely a start!

Im assuming because of mealworms dont follow the rule where the length of the feeder has to be below the size between their eyes is another problem and I think my beardie is having trouble digesting it hence not eating and, any idea how to prevent glass surfing, I know he's going at his own reflection but im not sure how to make it so he doesn't see it as I already covered 3 sides and cant do it for all and cant really move him anywhere else as he's on my desk and myshelf is occupied by my frogs

You'll be able to know if he's not digesting it right if he's not pooping. Put him in a bath of warm water and see if he poops, and massage his stomach. Place both thumbs on the back at the middle, put the first two fingers of the hand under the belly and rub gently in a circular way until he poops. Glass surfing can also be caused by the stress of a small tank, so try letting him out for a while.

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
Personally, I would NOT get that 10W ubv bulb for the dome. Wait until KarrieRee sees your post. They are pretty much the resident lighting guru around here. They will help you find the appropriate lighting and then go over how to set it up once you have it. The heat and uvb lighting is the most critical part of your dragon's setup.

I would also plan on getting a bigger enclosure than a 40 gallon. Yes, a 10 gallon is way too small, but an adult dragon needs much bigger than 40 gallons. I went from the 20 gallon that came with my rescue to a 120 gallon. I thought it was pointless to buy multiple sizes in between considering about 120 gallons is what will be needed at maturity.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Please go over the lighting and the tank size your dragon is in now---- your basking temps ? What are they and how are you taking them? NO stick ons please digital probe thermometer -- Hes going thru relocation stress but you want him eating something-- Have you started w/ the BSFL -- add those to the tops of your salads -- the movement will get him to the salad bowl DO NOT dust them they are calcium enriched feed as many as you want -- then add your staple feeder like a hr or so after you have fed the salad and BSFL---- Your UVB and basking temps are the TWO MOST important thing in your tank --- they control the overall health and behavior of your dragon -- if you want post pics of the tank so we can see what is going on --
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ click on XIMG at the top of the message box then click on the pic it should post --- PLEASE DO NOT buy the 10 watt UVB and the 50 watt UVB is a Zilla? You need to get the probe your basking temps need to be 105-110 for a baby --- do not change that basking bulb out till you have the digital probe your dragon could be surfing because its too hot in the tank -- I was trying to find what size tank hes in now and I didnt see it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom