feeding help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beardie name(s)
Speedy
Question: is it okay to just feed your bearded dragon carrots and super worms? I have been doing that, but I don't know if he needs other things like kale and lettuce, but please tell me if they do.

chestermymunchkin

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
chester
it is actually not too good to feed bearded dragons just carrots! they can become malnourished but the super worms is ok but you need to give them more variety in their salads and bugs for example my baby eats collard greens, mustard greens, parsley, oregano, turnip greens, mint, and for fruits carrots, strawberries, banana, blueberries 2 times a week and with my bugs, he gets crickets mealworms and bsfl every other day! I would suggest collard and mustard start of tho because it is very healthy! how old is your bd? mine is a year and a week old!

DragonMaster9817

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Speedy
KarrieRee":3o4rekn0 said:
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html ignore the kale thing its a good staple feeder
your dragon needs a staple insect -- crickets dubia roaches BSFL or silk worms -- super worms are a treat worm and should be fed only 2-3 times per week -- how old is the dragon?
he is five

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Ok so he needs a staple feeder of insects 2-3 times per week and salads every day -- I posted the nutrition website for you -- I would look into getting dubia roaches for him www.dubiaroaches.com along w/ some horn worms and maybe some meal worms -- has he ever had any of those?

DragonMaster9817

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Speedy
KarrieRee":1k7k9p0g said:
Ok so he needs a staple feeder of insects 2-3 times per week and salads every day -- I posted the nutrition website for you -- I would look into getting dubia roaches for him http://www.dubiaroaches.com along w/ some horn worms and maybe some meal worms -- has he ever had any of those?
he has had hornworms and mealworms/super worms, and I try to feed him 2-3 times a week but he is at my dad's house and I have school, but I do feed him bell peppers, greens, and sometimes carrots, along with some meal/super worms (which I dust with calcium) and sometimes hornworms as a treat

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Your feeding specifically treat worms -- he needs a staple feeder crickets dubias BSFL or silk worms -- please find a staple feeder ----
www.dubiaroaches.com
www.symtonbsf.com
www.reptilianarts.com
I would get a 10 gallon aquarium and order 200 roaches -- get some dubia chow / food along w/ some dubia dew for hydration - you can feed other things to the roaches as well like fruit and squash etc - winter is coming and I recommend you start stocking up on feeders - pet stores are unreliable for food - depending on how old the dragon is will depend on how many dubias you feed --- crickets are too hard to keep they dont last and are noisy and stink ---

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom