Ozzie will not eat his Veggies >:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chloepd7

I’ve had Ozzie for a few days now, his previous owner said he did eat veggies but rn all he seems to want is super worms. At first he wasn’t eating at all because of his change in location but now I’m thinking that he’s just gonna stop eating the veggies cuz he likes his super worms better? I made him such a good salad too!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Yep he needs to go back to eating his salads -- how old is Ozzie ? If hes over a year old do not give him any more super worms---hes hooked on the worms --- he needs a staple insect feeder anyway -- crickets dubia roaches or silk worms- if you need websites for those please ask ---

Chloepd7

Original Poster
Yes! I am planning to take him off super worms. He is a rescue and that is what he was eating his whole life. He is almost 4 years old now and according to his previous owner he did eat veggies. He’s barely eating at all right now since he literally just moved but I would appreciate some tips to get him to eat his greens! I’ve only managed to get him to eat one arugula leaf when his mouth was already open. It was a sneak attack but an effective sneak attack. Today he hasn’t eaten anything but I’ve offered him salad many times today. He is now basking and staring at me with the stare of eternal judgement. It feels like I am raising a toddler.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
:lol: yep get him some BSFL from here www.symtonbsf.com -- order large and DO NOT dust them - feed as many as you want they are a good staple feeder for babies but since hes not had them before he should go for them --- silk worms are good too -- they stick to every thing -- www.reptilianarts.com start feeding his salads first thing in the morning w/ the BSFL on top -- hand feed a few of those then add them to the salad bowl in front of him -- it will get his attention and draw him to the bowl

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

This is such a common problem! Especially if he wasn't fed any greens or veggies previously,
that makes it much more difficult. Be persistent & keep trying. Be sure to try a good variety of
greens, veggies, etc to determine his favorites & preferences.
I am sure that Ozzie will do very well with you!

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom