Making such a mess of her salad...

Status
Not open for further replies.

zampano

Photo Comp Winner
Seriously its tossed salad all over the place! I feel like I clean it up for her 10x per day and the next time I look over, it looks like a hurricane hit a Fresh Choice. And no matter where I put the bowl, she is just more interested in jumping in/out of it, laying on it, or whipping her tail through it when running by. I've tried a really broad circular (short) dish but right now am using one of those C shaped dishes they sell at pet stores.

I often fed her just like 4-6 large-ish pieces of her greens and then I could tell how much she's eaten even if I didn't see it. But I need to get more variety in her diet so I've been chopping it all up more finely, so I can get some squash or carrot or apple (or other greens) in there. It works, too, she eats a lot of stuff she normally wouldn't this way. But now I can't tell if she's been eating it at all some days.

Might be a pointless question but does anyone know of any dishes (or alternate delivery methods) for salad that might...help her not be so messy? :blob8:

Maybe I just need to end my chopped salad experiment if not, and find a better way...

chestermymunchkin

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
chester
can you try hand feeding her? or one thing I do is stick his collard leaf (as large as you want) in between something in the cage like a rock or a piece of wood he eats it no problem!

zampano

Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
She doesn’t like me pushing her to eat veggies. She’ll eat only one kind out of my hand- carrot tops. Her all time favorite. Thankful they seem to get good to her health.

But you’re right she can handle some big pieces of collard if I leave them in there. I just feel bad those are basically the only two veggies she really eats unless I trick her somehow into eating more. She just turned 1 and I want her to have a varied diet. But again, at least the collards are good for her too.

Gail

BD.org Addict
I'd try a deeper dish, might help the salad not to fling everywhere.
A small dog or cat bowl, one about 6" across and 2" deep is what I'd try. Sometimes you can find them at the dollar store. They work good for bugs too as the are deep enough that most can't escape.

zampano

Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Thanks for the suggestions you guys, I’m trying both of them as we speak and will see how it goes. Not sure what I was hoping for- a magic bowl I guess :p

If I don’t have much luck I might try a bug dish maybe? They aren’t deep but I wonder if that little lip around the rim might keep stuff in better, although her feet can still get in there and kick stuff around. Oh well, her viv’s about overdue for a good deep cleaning. And the mess she makes is often what ends up going in my roach tank anyway. Thanks and best

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom