The easiest salad recipe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now I spent some thing researching on salads and what was good for beardies and what was not so I got this easy salad recipe well I wouldn’t say the easiest like I said in the title but it’s still pretty easy it has ingredients that you might find in your home and if you don’t well you can go out and get them but only if you want to of course. Okay now on to the salad make sure to wash the ingredients first
Ingredients
Mustard Greens [No Stems]
Carrots [Peeled]
Sweet Potatoes [Peeled]
Apples [Peeled, No Seeds]
Now when I tried this with my little beardie he loved it I’m not saying yours will love it too but who knows! My beardie normally hates greens although he ate this and seemed happy. Also I hope you enjoy this if you have any questions or any feedback please reply I’ll do my best to answer back.

Lupe37

Beardie name(s)
Lupe
How are the ingredients cut, and what type of carrots are they? As in, are they baby carrots or normal ones. And should I feed this to a kind of young beardie, or wait until he's older? (he's 6-7 months old.)

BeardoWeirdo11

Original Poster
So it’s a normal carrot you just have to peel it and cut it into smaller pieces and sure you can feed it to a younger bearded dragon
Although give him as much as he can eat don’t give him like the whole carrot or anything just give him a good amount and then whatever he doesn't eat take out

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
It's great to see our beardies eat their veggies , especially greens. :) For small babies + juveniles you need to finely shred the carrots for easier digestion. They should only be a small part of the diet. A salad should be based on leafy greens so mustard greens are a great choice as you mentioned. Others are turnip, collards, kale, arugula, and other veggies are squash + fresh green beans

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
My current salad recipy can't be easily-- one leaf per dragon of baby puk or buk choy , shreaded . Their fav green.

I do a bulk salad mix for the blue tongues
2 whole coarsely chopped big puk or buk choys
include 3 or 4 large fresh mulberry leaves ( if I have them ) because Ca/P = 10.
4 carrots ( food processor shredding blade )
1 sweet potato ( ditto )
cup of frozen green beans
cup of frozen peas
…. blitz the lot in the food processor w/ chopper blade

spoon chopped veg mix into 2" x 1" icecube trays , makes about 30x
freeze

take out 1 cube per skink per 2nd day , thaw
add some hard boiled egg ( 1 egg between 2 skinks )
add tea spoon each of softened Repcal juvie beardie mix & VetaFarm Lizard pellets
add 2 or 3 quartered blueberries ( if we have them )
add some sliced banana
( I sometimes add chopped kale )

Can never get turnip, collards, or mustard greens at supermarket here in AU, so the choices are
a) go to a farmers' market nearby
--- quite a few in an easy day trip from my place
screenshot-192.png

b) find a green grocer ( they still exist in some shopping centres ) , some still do the weekly grocery truck thing
c) make friends with someone in your neighbourhood who has a back yard veggie patch who you can do swaps with
d) join a community farm group if there is one in your area
e) grow your own in your own back yard or in containers on the deck or porch..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom