Cricket size

Status
Not open for further replies.

emilys

I just ordered small crickets and they seem a bit bigger than what I typically feed my 2-3 month old baby. Most are around 1/2 inch and a few are close to 3/4 inch. When I measured the space between her eyes, it was about 5/8 inch. I know that feeding her crickets larger than the space between her head can cause impaction, but the biggest ones are only a tiny bit bigger. Based on her size, could I get away with a couple that are 3/4 inch or should I continue to pull those out? Thank you!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
post a pic of the cricket and the size in question next to her please

rita1

Hello love the markings of your beardie, mine is similar, they said he was a citrus. mine is about the same age and eats that size no problem. :D

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Absolutely beautiful markings long story short I fed only 1 oversized out of the bunch and my beardy got impacted so for me nothing bigger than the distance between her eyes personally I rather be safe than sorry but in a pinch and u NEED too as others have said if she can chew them up good then it'll have to do

emilys

Original Poster
Thank you! Luckily he's grown quite a bit so none of them are iffy anymore. He hasn't had any issues and I've been super on top of his bathroom schedule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom