Trick to finding silkworms in stock?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi ,
I have been trying for months to get out of having to buy crickets. I have a starter colony of dubia that has been making babies finally, they are just a little small 1/2 inch, and I don't want to feed too many off right away and jack up the colony production...So, I was going to supplement with silkworms and feed some of the dubia as well. Problem is I've been searching for a couple days and no place, and I checked about 7 websites, actually has any in stock. I've got a 18.5" girl 8-10 month old and I want to stick with high protein feeders. Any alternatives? I also considered BSFL, I'm just concerned she'll plow thru them quick. I'd like to order a month supply, a few thousand, but also read they only last for a couple weeks before cocooning up. ): Just frustrated and don't know what to do. Where do y'all get silkworms that are actually in stock? Does anyone have luck ordering a few thousand BSFL to last about a month? (I don't want to be making multiple trips to pick up multiple orders per month bc I have had a lot of problems with my local post office loosing my insect packages, 2 times out of 2 orders).

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Have you tried www.reptilianarts.com? Coastalsilkworms.com? I just checked reptilianarts and they have the cupped in stock along w/ the bulk--- you will need to buy food for the bulk
coastalsilkworms has two locations west coast and east coast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whokiry weth
Top Bottom