Beardie Won’t His Greens !!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m at the end of my line here.
My 3 year old dragon will not eat his greens!!! I’ve given him every green you can possibly think of and he’ll literally just spit it out if its in his mouth. I tried mixing it in with fruit and other veggies/greens and put it in the food processor so that maybe it would look more attractive to him and i’ve put bee pollen on it and i’ve tried to hand feed him but nothing!! I feel like before it was easier for him to eat greens before for some reason but now he doesn’t even wanna look at it. He just got out of brumation a month ago too so i’ve been trying to get him to eat to regain all his nutrients/vitamins. It seems he wont even eat his favorite pellets anymore. But of course this dude will eat crickets with no problem. He’ll eat some blueberries and carrots but not much. I’m seriously just so annoyed and concerned. Has anybody else dealt with this and found a solution?!?!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Pretty much everyone- hes going to take some time to get his appetite back -- I would lay off the blueberries as they are full of sugar -- carrots are good -- have you tried BSFL or silk worms to lure him to the bowl? If not you can try those both are staple feeders the BSFL are real small order large and add as many as you want to the bowl -- you will need something like this so they cannot escape
https://www.amazon.com/MACGOAL-Reptile-Ceramic-Leopard-Bearded/dp/B084VJJWTV?pf_rd_r=R0HNPKXJ2ZARWAT5MPAH&pf_rd_p=c5b6893a-24f2-4a59-9d4b-aff5065c90ec&pd_rd_r=0173f98f-f39b-4d44-9f76-6ae4d88c419b&pd_rd_w=AuGQB&pd_rd_wg=tLkwE&ref_=pd_gw_ci_mcx_mr_hp_d
silk worms stick to everything -- they are another great staple feeder -- you can use those to lure him to the bowl -- feed his salads first thing in the morning do not dust the BSFL -- you can dust the silk worms-- add the worms to the salad in front of him see if that will spark his interest
www.symtonbsf.com
www.reptilianarts.com

spookyfaces

Original Poster
That actually sounds super helpful. I’ve put waxworms in his meals but the little booger will only eat the worms and ignore the salad.? but i’ve never tried silk worms so hopefully that could fix the issue. I will definitely try this, thank you for the help!!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Lay off the waxworms too please -- they are very fatty and too many and too often can cause liver damage - better worms are the silk super worms butter worms and horn worms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom