How many dubias to feed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

natnat

My 6 mo old beardie loves dubias and hates black soldier fly larvae. I know the rule of thumb for feeding them is letting them eat as much as they want for 10 min but he eats about 60 1/2 inch dubias in like 3 min so I haven't been letting him eat the whole 10 min because that seems like too much-- should I be letting him eat more? Just worried about over feeding

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Sounds like the roaches are too small -- please post a pic of the roach and the dragon together so we can look at the size of his head and roach hes eating

natnat

Original Poster
110116-8605189728.jpg

I think you're right they might be a bit small for him, his eyes are about an inch apart so I suppose I could go up to the 5/8 in or 3/4 in dubia size?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Go to www.dubiaroaches.com
look at the size there but I am thinking 3/4 to 7/8 inch now -- when hes eating a big enough roach he should be eating around 10-12 depending on what else hes eating--- salads worms and insects -- the salads and worms will help fill him up-- you can get some large super worms from https://flukerfarms.com/crickets-live-feeder-insects/
I have not been able to find super worms anywhere else at this time --
you can get some other worms like butter worms and horn worms from here
www.mulberryfarms.com they are the only ones that have butter worms
use the worms as lures as well to get him to the salad bowl - order small amounts if horn worms they grow REALLY FAST- butter worms are soft use 1-3 as well as the super worms 1-3 -- you dont want him hooked on the worms -- horn worms are a hydrating worm --

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Yes offer in the afternoon --- nothing after 2 hrs when lights go out -- feed before then - w/ you feeding other things in the morning he may not eat a afternoon feeding-- just make sure your not dusting bugs at the second feeding ONCE per feeding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom