dubia roaches substitutes

Status
Not open for further replies.

neo8175

Do I have to feed my 5 month old beardie dubia roaches? I kind of want to avoid using them as a live staple since I might be allergic to them. I bought a few hundred of them and kept them in a plastic container filled with water crystals, dubia food and egg cartons in my basement but have yet to feed them to my dragon. Whenever I touch their container or the egg carton they were shipped in, my skin starts to itch like crazy. I might ditch using them altogether but and I ok just feeding my beardie a variety of worms - bsfl, superworms, hornworms, waxworms and veggies/fruits?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
You can use crickets- BSFL and that is going to be alot of them or silk worms-- they are a good staple feeder- it sounds like your allergic to the frass-

I would put on long John's top then put on latexy gloves and rubber band your wrists and then a long sleeve turtleneck on top, a medical mask a fashion mask and a face shield and STOP USING YOUR HANDS that's why they have tongs I would use another pair of latexy type gloves and then thorn proof gardening gloves and to be a little extra I would wear a poncho over everything. If you live near LA I will take them off your hands for you if you dont want to triple layer PPE everytime you retrieve them.... if you only have one dragon you might have a dubia explosion but it totally sounds like you are allergic you might need a ventilator mask but I would double mask or even triple mask and at Least 3 gloves one pair rubber banded between two long sleeve shirts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom