How many greens?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GenRose

I understand as an adult 70%-80% of their diet should be greens, but how many greens do I give? Like, how many ounces? I am just worried I might be over feeding him because his poops have been watery even though he doesn't have parasites (took him to the vet). I usually have a mix of collard greens and turnip greens as his staple, sometimes I mix a little kale in it to give variety.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Are you rinsing the greens before feeding? I have not heard of just greens giving watery stools but too much squash will --- what are you using for a UVB and where in the tank is it? Basking temps? digital probe to get them? I feed a bowl full usually of turnip collard and kale mixed -- poops are moist and formed and dark for poop and urate white---

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
I don't give 70% - 80% greens to my adult dragons.

I follow this guidance
bearded-dragon-food-pyramid.png

GenRose

Original Poster
KarrieRee":2worr687 said:
Are you rinsing the greens before feeding? I have not heard of just greens giving watery stools but too much squash will --- what are you using for a UVB and where in the tank is it? Basking temps? digital probe to get them? I feed a bowl full usually of turnip collard and kale mixed -- poops are moist and formed and dark for poop and urate white---

I rinse and dry, just to make sure no dirt or anything is left. He doesn't like squash, usually I'll mix in bell peppers, broccoli, carrot, or something just to give it some contrast. He doesn't get much fruit, maybe once or twice a month. UVB is 10.0 T5 tube, inside the tank, about 15in away from the bottom (if he climbs on his decor about 10in). Basking is about 105-110, taken with both probe and heat gun. His poops are usually mushy and barely formed surrounded with liquid, but completely digested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom