Do I need to reduce feeding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aireon719

Hatchling Member
My Luna Girl is almost a year old and was curious do I need to cut back on her roaches. I mean right now she is laying eggs again so I know I gotta fatten her back up but I mean afterwards. Right now she is eating 1" 2 to 3 times a day and I let her eat till she stops or 10 Minutes but she usually stops before then.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
2-3 times per day is a lot. I'd probably reduce that to one bug meal per day. Certainly continue to dust them in calcium supplement. You can also offer a salad with calcium rich options like collard or turnip greens along with some other veges. Over the course of the next 6-12 months you'll want to try and get her to eat mostly salads and slowly reduce the bug meals to just once or twice per week (roughly).

Aireon719

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I only did 2-3 cause I heard before they are a year old then need to eat alot. But soon as she gets her weight back I'll pull back on them thank you. But as for salads she eats collards and squash.

Aireon719

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
How long can a bearded dragon who is a year old go without insects cause I bought some crickets and got busy doing something and forgot to take them out of bag and they died. And might not be able to get some roaches till sometime next week. I do however still have his veggies.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
She will be fine --- a year old they should be only getting insects 2-3 times per week anyway --

Aireon719

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Well she just turned a year old so she still eats 1 time a day but I will be waning her off in the coming months. But I do have some good news I put the crickets in a container thinking maybe they are not dead and just slowed there body's to conserve oxygen and after a couple hours most seem to still be moving and only a handful died.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Ok well thats good --- are you buying those at a pet store or getting them on line?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom