Not Eating After Brumation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kitlings

My female 2-year-old dragon brumated for the month of December and woke up in January. It's been 6 days since she woke up and she's been very active and alert, but she won't eat a thing. Tried her favorite greens, fresh food, freeze-dried food, and she even turned away live feeders! Temps/UV/humidity are stable and normal in the tank. We live in Florida, so it's not very cold here at all.

She is digging a LOT in her dig box - but she doesn't have eggs. The vet palpated her abdomen and felt some unknown masses. We had an ultrasound and a blood test done, but nothing abnormal was found. It could be that her follicles are growing into eggs for the first time? If so, how long would it take the infertile eggs to develop and for her to lay them? What can I do to convince her to eat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom