Not open for further replies.

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
For those of you who don’t know Freyja
109225-8048234395.jpg
She is in between 5-6 months right now
I am running low on dubia and have to keep it thin with them for next few days I have hornworms coming in today and normally just give her one or two a day to hydrate her, however I need to know how many will she handle. I also have some small super worms. Anyway I know hornworms are staples how many should I feed. Thank you in advance for your answers.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It depends on their size. When they arrive, they are usually very small. I tend to wait until they've eaten most of the chow they ship with so they are as big as possible (about thumb sized) and then offer just a couple per day (they will often want more). If you offer them in a smaller size, then you can certainly offer more of them though.

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
Would she be able to handle the thumb width size you think? Because I bought a lot this time lol I’m gonna have some big ones ?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
She probably can since they are soft and mostly water inside. Shouldn't have an issue chewing them down. Test with slightly smaller ones and work your way up to those, watching how she handles each size though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom