Spitting out greens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oliver is very good about eating his salad but for the past two days he has been chewing up and spitting out his collard greens. I am going to get him a new batch tomorrow and I am hoping it is a one time thing but has anyone else had this problem? He has been sick for the past few weeks but he has been eating just fine until now.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
What has he been sick w/? I would try some different greens like turnip or kale or mustard and see what he does
Karrie

kjworley19

Original Poster
He has had pinworms but he's been taking medicine. He took his last dose a few days ago but his diarrhea hasn't let up and I think I saw blood in his urate this morning. I am calling the vet tomorrow.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your dragon doing?
So he is on Panacur 10% paste or liquid solution? Usually this medication is well tolerated
with them unless he is being given too much. I noticed the dose was .6ml, is that right?
What is your dragon's weight & I can double check the dose if you need?
If he is spitting his greens out then, he either doesn't like the taste or something is bothering
his tummy. You could try giving some probiotics to see if that helps settle his system down.

Tracie

kjworley19

Original Poster
He is still pretty much the same with really bad diarrhea, but other than that he seems fine.
The medicine is liquid and it is 3 doses of .2 mL each. He took the last dose on Monday. I don't have a way to check his weight because I am at college and don't have anything to weigh him with but he is about 15-16 inches long. The greens are the only thing he isn't eating, he still eats his roaches and squash so it's probably something about the taste that he doesn't like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom