When to feed what

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slawson

Hi guys

I feed my little guy (3 months old) Dubai’s, bsfl, and an occasional treat worm and salad. My question is what’s a good feeding schedule? Salad and bsfl in the morning? And Dubai’s at night? How many Dubai’s should he get? I know not to calcium supplement the bsfl but do I do the roaches each time he gets them? Also how often for multivitamins?

Thanks for the help, just trying to figure out the best feeding schedule for him to grow up healthy.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Feed him the salad and BSFL in the morning --- is he eating the salad? Even if hes eating a little bit thats good --- offer him dubias about an hour or so after feeding the salad and BSFL - how many of those are you feeding? I fed mine both like that but not a a lot of BSFL - enough to get him to the salad bowl as a lure - his main staple was dubias - he should be eating small dubias for a 3 month old and depending on how many BSFL is gonna determine how many dubias - mine ate around 8-10 or so dusted only one time per feeding 5 x per week w/ vitamins w/ beta carotene 2 x per week dusted only once per feeding -- try a second feeding of dubias in the afternoon and see if he will eat I fed mine other worms like small super worm 1-3 in the morning in the salads along w/ some butter worms as well 1-3- w/ all the salad dubias BSFL and worms hes gonna get a rounded diet -- as he got older he didnt eat alot of dubias in the afternoon and eventually phased out of them all together also the size of the dubia will determine how many he will eat the bigger he gets the bigger the roach so that count will go down as well --
Karrie

Slawson

Original Poster
Thanks for the info. He was eating his BSFL really good but seems to have lost interest in them, especially since I have introduced the Dubias. Do I continue to just feed them anyway so he has a balanced diet? He does eat a very small amount of salad. Today was the first day I put the worms in the salad and he showed no interest at all, but ate the roaches like crazy. Then the worms just end up hiding under the salad.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
:lol: Go figure!! Keep using them maybe add a little less salad and put them on top --- apparently he likes the roaches better and no surprise there --- you can get some crickets and disable them by taking the legs off or one leg put in the salad bowl and see if he will go for them --- you can get some small super worms and use them 1-3-- you will find them here www.dubiaroaches.com there are other websites for worms as well -- if you need them let me know I will post for you
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom