F o o d

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beardie name(s)
Speedy
should I be using fresh misted (as in via a spray/mist bottle) greens? I am using dry food you can find at a pet store, sometimes I usually feed him crickets as a surprise and that's the only type of insect he likes, should I be feeding him only crickets and greens instead of dry food?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Fresh green salads every day crickets or dubia along w/ some BSFL every day for a baby --
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html ignore the kale thing its a good staple feeder
If you need help w/ feeding your dragon please ask -- No more dried stuff its not nutritional
Insects need to be dusted once per day 5 x per week w/ calcium D3 Vitamins w/ beta carotene once per feeding 2 x per week --
Karrie

DragonMaster9817

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Speedy
KarrieRee":2glkze41 said:
Fresh green salads every day crickets or dubia along w/ some BSFL every day for a baby --
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html ignore the kale thing its a good staple feeder
If you need help w/ feeding your dragon please ask -- No more dried stuff its not nutritional
Insects need to be dusted once per day 5 x per week w/ calcium D3 Vitamins w/ beta carotene once per feeding 2 x per week --
Karrie
thank you for letting me know, also if this varies your information, my bearded dragon is 5 years old

Shaun78

Hatchling Member
No dry food. It's garbage and I'm surprised they eat it. If he's 5 I'd feed him fresh greens everyday (I mist mine so he gets his hydration). Twice a week I feed him live insects. Mine likes crickets, super worms, and mealworms. As a treat every so often mine LOVES a hornworm. I also dust his live food with calcium (without D3) one feeding and multi-vitamin the next (he won't eat his salad if I dust that so I don't).

DragonMaster9817

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Speedy
Shaun78":30h85tvs said:
No dry food. It's garbage and I'm surprised they eat it. If he's 5 I'd feed him fresh greens everyday (I mist mine so he gets his hydration). Twice a week I feed him live insects. Mine likes crickets, super worms, and mealworms. As a treat every so often mine LOVES a hornworm. I also dust his live food with calcium (without D3) one feeding and multi-vitamin the next (he won't eat his salad if I dust that so I don't).
thank you for letting me know, now my bearded dragon can have a healthier diet, but one more thing, his colors have gotten paler over the years, if I start feeding him a healthy supply of greens and crickets, will his color get Bolder and fuller?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Probably I am not sure on that one but anything is possible]
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom