Getting beardie to eat veggies (again)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silvally

My beardie, toffee is about 9 months old now and she still generally refuses to eat veggies. Even if i put bee pollen on it, if I try feeding in the mornings, if I try putting superworms in there she'll just ignore it. Are there any other methods I havn't tried of getting her to eat greens? I usually try to feed spring greens, pak choi (the only veggie she really eats) bell peppers and butternut squash. I used to try strawberries and raspberries but she couldn't work out how to actually eat them as they were wet and would just give up.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Its good shes eating bok choi --- that is a good staple feeder - have you tried collards kale turnips or mustard greens - you can mix that in w/ her bok choi -- you just haft to find something they like -- its trial and error w/ them like your heat bulbs -- trying to find one that works -- you can try some prickly pear pads - you can get them off Amazon - keep them in the fridge in a zip loc they are another good staple feeder - just keep offering them -- you might try adding some butter worms silk worms and horn worms on top as well
Karrie

Silvally

Original Poster
I live in scotland so collards and mustard greens arn't really things here. I usually try to mix in other veggies but she doesn't ever go to her bowl, I usually have to sneak them in with a morioworm or something for her to even give it a look. I used to try silkworms but they all just die within a week and turn to mush even if I clean them and feed them and everything, butterworms are never available and hornworms are illegal lmao but I'll try to find more range. I usually try to get fruit beetle grubs as occasional twice a month snacks she enjoys - maybe that'll entice her over to them. I've looked on amazon for those but the only ones seem to be really extortionatly expensive - are there any alternatives?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Silk worms are really sensitive -- what about meal worms or super worms - I cant remember if mario worms are super worms - butter worms are hard to find here as well I recently learned they are from Chile so alot of people that had them here in the states dont carry them anymore - I only know of one place at this time --
here is the topic on the fruit beetle
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=240600
I am at a loss for bugs / worms in Scotland -- some others on here might be able to help you --
Karrie

Silvally

Original Poster
I mainly just feed dubias/calciworms + morio worms (which are superworms). She likes the silkworms but unless I buy really big fat ones they don't last long enough to justify the price + shipping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom