Getting beardie to eat veggies (again)

Discuss topics of food for your beardies here.

Getting beardie to eat veggies (again)

Postby Silvally » Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:38 am

My beardie, toffee is about 9 months old now and she still generally refuses to eat veggies. Even if i put bee pollen on it, if I try feeding in the mornings, if I try putting superworms in there she'll just ignore it. Are there any other methods I havn't tried of getting her to eat greens? I usually try to feed spring greens, pak choi (the only veggie she really eats) bell peppers and butternut squash. I used to try strawberries and raspberries but she couldn't work out how to actually eat them as they were wet and would just give up.
Silvally
Hatchling Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Getting beardie to eat veggies (again)

Postby KarrieRee » Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:20 am

Its good shes eating bok choi --- that is a good staple feeder - have you tried collards kale turnips or mustard greens - you can mix that in w/ her bok choi -- you just haft to find something they like -- its trial and error w/ them like your heat bulbs -- trying to find one that works -- you can try some prickly pear pads - you can get them off Amazon - keep them in the fridge in a zip loc they are another good staple feeder - just keep offering them -- you might try adding some butter worms silk worms and horn worms on top as well
Karrie
KarrieRee
BD.org Sicko

Postby Silvally » Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:53 am

I live in scotland so collards and mustard greens arn't really things here. I usually try to mix in other veggies but she doesn't ever go to her bowl, I usually have to sneak them in with a morioworm or something for her to even give it a look. I used to try silkworms but they all just die within a week and turn to mush even if I clean them and feed them and everything, butterworms are never available and hornworms are illegal lmao but I'll try to find more range. I usually try to get fruit beetle grubs as occasional twice a month snacks she enjoys - maybe that'll entice her over to them. I've looked on amazon for those but the only ones seem to be really extortionatly expensive - are there any alternatives?
Silvally
Hatchling Poster

Postby KarrieRee » Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:05 am

Silk worms are really sensitive -- what about meal worms or super worms - I cant remember if mario worms are super worms - butter worms are hard to find here as well I recently learned they are from Chile so alot of people that had them here in the states dont carry them anymore - I only know of one place at this time --
here is the topic on the fruit beetle
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=240600
I am at a loss for bugs / worms in Scotland -- some others on here might be able to help you --
Karrie
KarrieRee
BD.org Sicko

Postby Silvally » Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:09 am

I mainly just feed dubias/calciworms + morio worms (which are superworms). She likes the silkworms but unless I buy really big fat ones they don't last long enough to justify the price + shipping
Silvally
Hatchling Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Feeding