Is my beardie over eating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophie94

So i have a bearded dragon - her name is Vexiona - and she goes through about 1000 crickets every week and a half to two weeks and i say about because some die off but usually not much die off - she seems fine and healthy nothing wrong but i just wanted to know if she is over eating - i dont want my baby to be hungry so i let her eat how ever much she wants but i also dont want to harm her and ive read things saying they dont over eat but ive also seen things that say dont over feed
I bought her Feb 8th (she was roughly 1 month old when i bought her) she has access to vegies all day and i feed her mainly crickets while i let my roach colony grow
I put her in a 20 gallon tank for 10-20 min and let her feast

Also im looking for a loose substrate for bedding for her i was using paper towels but she keeps shredding them trying to dig any help on that would be great
Thanks in advance

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
We dont recommend loose substrate-- you can use NON adhesive shelf liner is the most commonly used I believe- you can cut a fleece blanket into strips and put in her hide for digging- the shelf liner is easy to clean and insects cant get underneath as well - clean w/ vinegar/ water 50/50
Is she eating her salad? And she is how old now around 6 months? I would get her some worms like super / silk / maybe some BSFL and add to her diet -- roaches are good to switch over too as well - I am not a fan of crickets -- they stink and noisy and can cause parasites -- silk worms and BSFL are good staple feeders-- it will slow her down on the cricket consumption - if shes not eating any salad she needs to start--- when she gets to be a year old or so the protein should be cut back to 2-3 times per week not everyday --
Karrie

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, you might go up a size now to larger crickets. At 6 months old she could be eating an average of about 30-50 large crickets a day along with a good feeding of greens. If the crickets are on the small side it takes a lot more to fill them up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matthewsalecia2015
Top Bottom