baby beardie staple?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaalaaxyy

i got my lil guy a few weeks ago and he’s about 4 and a half inches long. when i first got him apparently he was too small to come home at that point (i didn’t know) and the vet told me to feed him maggots, which i have been. now that he’s a little bigger than he was i was just looking for recommendations on what a good staple would be. i’ve tried small crickets this passed week and he ate one but afterwards he has absolutely no interest in them at all what so ever. also if y’all have any tips on how to get him to eat greens without being hand fed that would be great as well!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
You'll find that their appetites will vary over time and that's normal. Staple bugs for the little ones include small crickets, small roaches, black soldier fly larvae, and small silk worms, among others. It's good to rotate what you offer when you can in order to provide a variety in his diet. I would also offer a couple of veges as well. He may not dig in but it's good to offer so they are used to it as a food source. As they get older they should start eating more veges. Rotate those based on what is fresh and eventually you'll find out what he prefers. This is a good list to reference for ideas http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html I would start by offering 1 dark green and 1 vegetable. Maybe some cut up collard green leaves and cut up squash for example. The leftovers can be fed to the crickets or roaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom