Stuffed mealworms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

loljelloclowdz

Juvie Member
I thought of a recipe idea but I don’t know if it’s safe for beardies because mealworms are a crappy feeder. Anyways, here it is:

1. Take a freeze dried meal worm
2. Boil the freeze dried meal worm so it’s soft like spaghet (I used the meme spelling of spaghetti)
3. Using a needle and syringe, inject it with a slurry of collards, mustard greens, and whatever other greens you would like.
4. Bon appetit?

Dried bugs are bad for them, but I was wondering if you boiled them to make them soft like noodles if you could then fill them? Idk I love making gourmet food for my pets and was wondering from AHBD or Tracie if this recipe would run the risk of impaction or if I should swap out the dried meal worm for BSFL. I don’t want to inject live bugs because that’s a cruel and unnecessary thing to do. I wonder if I can make a noodle out of a blend of seaweed agarose and blended crickets... ? idk, our pets deserve a nice meal sometimes, too!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I don't see any reason you couldn't try it + use them if it worked . I don't think the boiled mealies would become pliable enough or be able to hold their shape. You really have a vivid imagination but see what you can do. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom