Silk worms

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrsGilf

So I need a bit of advice again lol. My beardie Spyro is 1, as some of you know he has been struggling with movement in his front leg, as advised I’ve order serraptease for him which I’m waiting on the delivery. I’ve recently ordered silk worms which I’m also hoping will help as he’s gone off his salad and his hoppers. I’ve just received my silk worm colony which will be big enough for him too eat white soon. Can anyone advise me wether silk worms on there own are enough and what else I should add to his diet if I can’t get to eat his usual salad and meal worms. Thanks

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Silk worms are a good staple feeder -- just make sure your feeding them and they will keep your dragon hydrated as well -- watch his poop it will tell you if hes hydrated or not - you want white firm moist urate -- especially if hes not eating salad -- does he drink from his bath or how are you giving him water?
Karrie

MrsGilf

Original Poster
Hi there,

He has a waterfall but since his injury he hasn’t bothered with it so much, I’m going to try putting him in myself daily to try and get him to drink. I’m hoping when his serraptease Arrives it will help with his mobility when it comes

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok I would take the waterfall.out -- it can cause RI's - you have a desert reptile- I would drop water on his nose or set in bath if he drinks from a bath once a week
Karrie

MrsGilf

Original Poster
Oh crickey, the information is so conflicting. I originally had a water bath and was advised to change to a waterfall as it mimics water that they would potentially find in the wild as it wouldn’t be still if that makes sense, also he used to love climbing up the side and he was also partial to sitting in it whereas the water bath he never went anywhere near. So do I not need to put any water in his tank at all then

Many thanks for you advice

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Only if he drinks from it--- some people have them in there - I do not mine don't drink from it-- I drop water on the nose or they get it from their salads-- I rinse the greens before serving- watch his poops if they are dark firm and moist and urate- is firm white and moist he's hydrated extra water is good
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnstorm07
Top Bottom