How many crickets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OssieD

hi everyone! I'm a bit confused about how many crickets to feed Bob. I had been feeding him about 50 crickets a week, aka the adult amount. I just now learned that there is a juvenile ammount! I'm annoyed with myself for not knowing but I'm also confused. Bob seemed very satisfied with the adult amount and would never eat his salad the day after crickets if i gave him more than that. He is 10 months old and 19 1/2 inches long. Is he just done growing now and ready for the adult amount? Also, i can't find any issues due to lack of protein. Are there any?
Edit* based on the responses on my last post he is a healthy boy, good weight, nice fat pads.
Info:
Uvb: reptisun 10.0 t5
Temps: 100-105 basking, 90 warm, 75 cool
Humidity: 40
Salad every day, live crickets every day.
Substrate: tile
Water: mist 2× every day, bath once every 2 weeks.
Tank: 40 gallon (upgrading to 120 gallon soon)

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
If hes still eating crickets 2 times per day keep feeding him -- but he does need to eat his salad too- I would start giving him some super worms butter worms meal worms horn worms and silk worms- the silk are another staple feeder along w/ dubias you might want to throw some of those in there too-- I would only give him like 1-2 of each on his salad - thats gonna slow him down on all the crickets but its also going to give him variety as well - the horn worms grow really fast so try and get some small - medium size and feed like 2 of those as well - they are a good hydrating worm
you can get all these from this website
http://www.mulberryfarms.com/ they are spendy on shipping but worth it if you can get everything from them --
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom