Eating Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone! I have a new beardie who we think is about seven months old. I have been feeding him kale every day with the occasional side dish of strawberries, blueberries, or carrots. He eats tons of salad every day. I give him about 15-20 large crickets every other day. Does this sound like good eating habits and schedule for a dragon his age? I just want to be sure I'm keeping Ollie healthy!
108871-9897367819.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
7 months old he needs insects every day dusted w/ calcium D3 5 x per week one time per feeding if your feeding more than once - vitamins w/ beta carotene 2 x per week one time per feeding - I would offer him a variety of different insects like dubia roaches or silk worms as well -- its great hes eating his salads --- :) here is website for nutrition ignore the kale thing its good staple feeder
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html
If you need websites to order from let me know I will post some for you - most on here order on line
Karrie

kjworley19

Original Poster
I would love to get some of those websites! Going to the pet store every three or four days is a hassle. I've been dusting his salads with his vitamins instead of his live food, is that alright? Ollie and I appreciate all your help! Being a new lizard mom is stressful.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I understand the pet store thing --- if hes eating those salads you can do both -- a lot of times they cant get them to eat their salads but just the bugs so its always best to dust the insects but in your case if hes eating them I wouldnt worry about it
www.dubiaroaches.com good worms and roaches - they are good source for most things you dragon can eat plus the horn worms are usually shipped really small and they grow really fast
www.mulberryfarms.com high on shipping but they have the only place for butter worms that I know of also nice silk worms and the horn worms I have not ordered simply because they are sending out so many and they grow so fast I dont think my 2 dragons can eat them before they die off
www.reptilianarts.com nice place for silk worms and super worms and roaches - if you order in bulk of which they dont have now like 50 you would need to order food as well for them they need to be fed daily and containers cleaned out daily if you get just the cup they come w/ food
www.coastalsilkworms.com they are out of the east coast and west coast - they ship w/ food
www.xyzreptiles.com out of Palmetto Bay Fl they have silk worms its under feeder insects and it looks like they are out at this time --- they are fast on shipping out
www.symptonbsf.com great place for BSFL - they are a great staple feeder for babies -- they are small if you order them get large feed as many as you want and do not dust them-- great salad toppers -- you can keep them on your counter and will last for weeks-
If you decide to switch over to dubias for a staple feeder instead of the crickets get a 10 gallon aquarium or plastic tote feed them dubia food / carrots for hydration or squash - they are easy to keep and they last a long time - I usually order like 200 at a time -- between the salads worms and roaches the roaches will last a while - silk worms are another good staple feeder
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom