Eating too many crickets?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every website I look at has a different answer for how many crickets a beardie should eat. My beardie is about 5 months old and about 15 inches long. I just switched from feeding her 3 times a day to 2, and for some reason, she is eating more crickets now that I am feeding her 2 times a day. She will eat about 20-30 crickets whenever I feed her, making her eat about 50 each day. She is eating her greens (turnip greens, mustard greens, and cabbage) as well though. I am just concerned she might be eating too much for her age. I will usually let her eat until she stops wanting to but should I change that? Please help! I don't want her to be overweight

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Start adding worms to her diet - you can add them to the salads as "steak" w/ her salad -- I would get her some super worms some horn worm caution they grow very fast so order small amounts at a time- I would give her 3 supers and 1-2 horn -- you can also get some silk worms they are another great staple feeder -- that will slow her down on the crickets -- its good to add variety to the diet -- dubia roaches are another great staple feeder better than crickets --- less hassle and smell as well --
Karrie

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That's a big appetite . :) Along with Karrie's suggestions make sure you have the largest sized crickets. If the cricks are just medium then it will take a lot more to fill him up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom