Switching from worms to Dubias?

Status
Not open for further replies.

emcat

Hi I am trying to transition my beardie from worms to dubias. After doing a bit of reading about the high-fat content of worms and how that can affect beardies, we decided to make the switch. Our girl is doing great, and she loves the dubias. But our male hasn't been eating very many, if any at all. I think he's gotten so used to the worms that he just isn't wanting to try the dubias. I don't want to underfeed him, but I want him to make the switch. Does anyone have any suggestion as to how to make the transition easier? Thank you so much!!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Yep quit feeding him the worms -- if he like worms get some silk worms they are a great staple feeder
www.coastalsilkworms.com I dont know if they come w/ food I cant remember
www.reptilianarts.com they are out of stock of the bulk as of now if you ever order bulk from here like 50 they come small and you will need to get food to feed them and clean containers out daily-- they do have the cups now and they come w/ food
www.mulberryfarms.com they are out of stock now for silks but do have butter worms -- they are a good treat --
www.xyzretpiles.com they are out of Palmetto Bay Fl - they ship Fed Ex so you get them in 2-3 days - they have nice worms they come small and w/ food ---
try those but keep feeding the dubias and stop the worms - what kind of worms are you feeding?
Karrie

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Dont switch. Just incorporate both.

While some worms are high in fat, dubia roaches are high in protein and uric acid. Each bug has its positives and negatives. Dubia are far from a perfect feeder insect. I haven't found one yet.

So the best you can do is offer a variety of options, worms and dubias included.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom