Over feeding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NuggetsMama

Hatchling Member
Chicken is now just about 4 months old. He is doing great ! So active & bright , shedding fine & frequent. I’m wondering if he is eating too much?

We are feeding him twice a day for 15 minutes at a time. A mix of Crickets & BSFL with treat wax worms once every other week and occasional hornworm when we find them small enough.

Since his last shed a few days ago he has been eating ALOT more. Yesterday he ate 40 feeders in the morning and another 25 at supper. Today he’s had about 20 each feeding. Is there a max amount I should cut him off at ? I’ve read somewhere that 30-60 was normal but he’s had some days that have been over 70 for the day. He also is great to pick at his collard greens, bok choy & squash

We took him home June 13 & he weighed 14g. July 20 he weighed 56g

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
No do not cut down on his feeding - he is growing and if he is eating that much keep feeding him - I would look at getting him some roaches and silk worms and switch out your feeders -- more variety the better :)
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Have you tried thewormlady -- Google her
I have website I can post in the morning
Karrie

NuggetsMama

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I checked her out a few months ago and shipping cost to my end of the country was unreal. I’m going to do some searching see what I can find !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom