Bee Pollen and Vitamins

Status
Not open for further replies.

GenRose

Hi!
So I had a quick questions about feeding bee pollen to my beardie, Bucky. Bucky doesn't like greens because his previous owner had him on a pellet and cricket diet, I saw online that bee pollen can make a beardie want to eat greens. It is working like a charm, he'll eat it straight out of my hands and lick the bowl clean afterwards!
My concern is will this effect the other vitamins I give him? I am giving him calcium and multivitamins with his crickets(soon discoid roaches, once I get my colony started), but I know bee pollen is also loaded with vitamins. I just want to make sure I am not giving him too many vitamins since he is only eating his greens with the bee pollen.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
That is great :) your the first success story I have heard w/ the bee pollen thing - I tried it w/ my one dragon and he wasnt having it --- not sure about the vitamin thing tho -- I know bee pollen is a staple so one of the other members on here is gonna haft to answer that vitamin question
Karrie

GenRose

Original Poster
KarrieRee":23rcefl7 said:
That is great :) your the first success story I have heard w/ the bee pollen thing - I tried it w/ my one dragon and he wasnt having it --- not sure about the vitamin thing tho -- I know bee pollen is a staple so one of the other members on here is gonna haft to answer that vitamin question
Karrie
Yeah, I read that bee pollen doesn't always work, but at this point I was desperate :lol: I am so glad it did work, I was getting worried that he'd never get onto greens by himself! Hopefully someone here knows about the vitamins though :D

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Tracie our vet tech would shes on at nite and maybe AHBD she might have some knowledge of it
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom