Have I been over-dusting this whole time?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delsoto

I've had little Ori since March; 5 months old now, and it has just occurred to me I may have been going crazy with the dusting... I think.

So with his age, I'm aware of the usual schedule, and so I give him:

Mon-Fri: Rep-Cal Calcium D3.
Sat-Sun: Rep-Cal Multivitamins.

Dude is extremely picky, and while I would prefer he ate a staple of dubia, this stuff goes on his beloved crickets which I currently feed him 3 times a day.

In all 3 of those feedings, I dust the crickets.

I was recently looking through some Bearded Dragon sites, and even some questions on here, and have learned that I should have actually only been dusting them in 1 of those 3 feedings...

... Does that sound right?

Delsoto

Original Poster
Once per feeding, so does that mean I've been doing it correctly and just continue as normal?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
No meaning only one time per day -- your feeding 3 times only dust once same w/ the vitamins and yes your over supplementing
Karrie

Delsoto

Original Poster
Ahhhh, I feel terrible. I forgot where I learned that I should be dusting every feeding and I wish I would have looked that part over more.

Poor Ori. I'll be sure to only dust them in only 1 of his 3 feedings from now on. Thanks much!

WinFam01

Juvie Member
I started out making our girl crickets look like powdered donuts until I found it should be a light dusting. At least we are both on the right path now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matthewsalecia2015
Top Bottom