Carrot Greens

Status
Not open for further replies.
My bearded dragon Kiwi who has been hating trying greens is now in love with carrot greens (the leafy top of the carrot). I also looked it up and apparently it’s highly nutritious for them, so I encourage anyone else if you can find carrot greens to try them.
108540-210791883.jpg

Ruffus34

I tried once but mine didn't really like it. After your post I think I should give another chance to carrot greens. I will tell later if he likes them.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
My husband and I like endive and escarole ourselves, but the beardie not so much. He's really not into greens -- didn't read the bearded dragon books that say adults are supposed to eat mostly greens. Haven't tried him on carrot greens though. My husband tried to grow some collards and endive and mustard greens for the beardie last year, but the only thing that did well was the mustard greens. But we could try growing carrots again -- some years ago, we got little bitty carrots but we could use the greens for the beardie if he'd eat them.

Thanks for the suggestion. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom