Out of food

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenjiBoy

I completely ran out of cricket- all I have right now is super worms (his treats). I live in the middle of no where, there’s no pet stores around me. The closest is about two hours away, in the town my mom works at(she’s not going right now because of corona-she doesn’t want to wear a mask all day). We still travel down so that I can visit my boyfriend, and so we can go get some shopping done. So I’m unable to get any food for him until this Wednesday. I know that I’m rarely supposed to feed him super worms, but he’s absolutely starving with the one I gave him. What do I do, just feed him his squash and veggies etc? Is it okay for me to just feed him super worms for a few days- like 5 a day- until I can get more?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
With his size and age just focus on giving him a nice salad with greens and fresh veges every day. He should be fine with that since he is an adult. My dragon eats mainly veges and only bugs once or twice a week (ish).

BenjiBoy

Original Poster
Yeah, it’s just when I got him the people told me they gave him six crickets a day?. So he was really used to that, so when I don’t feed him I can tell he’s starving. He hasn’t gotten any insects until today for about two days. I know he’ll be fine, I just have to get him onto a better schedule. Thank you:)

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Their preferences vary but in general I'd offer a salad every day and try to get him really used to eating those and find his favorite veges (my Darwin LOVES squash). Then once or twice a week let him have a bug meal and offer what he wants until he is full. If he is eating plenty of salad that will sustain him pretty well and then you can rotate the bug meal now and then. Order of hornworms here, order of silk worms or black soldier fly larvae there, etc. The more variety the better =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom