Greens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenjiBoy

My sweet boy won’t eat any greens, I’ve tried putting worms on it and he just eats the worms off. I even buried the worms under the greens while he was watching. He just sits there and waits until he sees it then just eats the worm.
Advice?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Yeah that's not surprising-- he's over a year what's his weight like? Is he over 300 grams? You can try hand feeding him see if he will.eat them-- I would say hold out on the bugs and worms and feed salad only- do this for a few days see if he will eat them then
Karrie

BenjiBoy

Original Poster
Yeah, I was thinking about doing that, but I won’t be home at all tomorrow. I’m just worried that his salad will get all crusty and gross if it’s in there all day for him and he’ll get really hungry. I didn’t give him any insects today, he needs to eat the greens. All he ate today was a bit of carrot.

He’s sleeping cuddled up with me right now:) we’re definitely starting to bond:)
108547-8212266178.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Leave a salad on the cool side of the tank- spray it w/ water for moisture it may last longer- he will eat it if he's hungry-
Karrie

BenjiBoy

Original Poster
Well I knew he was hungry all day, he just acts this certain way. Whenever he acts like that I give him a few crickets and he’s so starving he licks the tube until they come out. I just think he really doesn’t like the greens , he has salad dressing though which I think helps??‍♀️

BenjiBoy

Original Poster
Well I knew he was hungry all day, he just acts this certain way. Whenever he acts like that I give him a few crickets and he’s so starving he licks the tube until they come out. I just think he really doesn’t like the greens , he has salad dressing though which I think helps??‍♀️

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
How many crickets is he eating? Have you tried dubia roaches?
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok you need to up his crickets --- that is not enough - he needs to eat as many as he can eat in a 10-15 minute time frame -- you can get him some silk worms from here they are another great staple feeder www.reptilianarts.com if you order in bulk like 50 make sure you order food and you will need to clean containers out daily -- you can also get them from here www.coastilsilkworms.com but you really need to feed him more --- just keep offering different veggies to eat maybe adding some colorful things like red peppers or strawberries to draw the attention - and keep adding the worms hopefully you will find something he really likes --- you dont want him to start losing a bunch of weight
Karrie

BenjiBoy

Original Poster
Usually I give him about 10 crickets, but lately it’s only been a few since he won’t eat his greens. His beard is black and he keeps looking at the crickets then bumping his nose on the glass. I’ve tried the variety, I’ve put things like carrots and blueberries on top, but all he eats is those not the greens.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
If his beard is black he's either in distress or in pain- please take a picture and post- is your all in one basking bulb correct distance?
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok make sure your not leaving any crickets in the tank overnite- they will come out at nite and bite him and those bites can cause infection- his beard is not that bad--- sometimes they will get black to absorb heat-- but his beard looks ok-- I would quit w/ the blueberries they have too much sugar- try him on some squash see if he will like that---- fruit should only be fed occasionally-
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom