New beardie- help with food!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loni

Hello there! We welcomed a baby beardie into our family a couple of weeks ago. He’s super small. The pet store said 2-4 months. Everything I have read has said that he should be eating up to 50 crickets a day. He eats about six. Due to covid-19 in our area, it’s difficult to get feeders right now and we have been getting small crickets but they don’t seem so small. Some of them are bigger than the space between his eyes. I just ordered extra small Dubias online and they will get here in about 6 days but I’m curious about how many crickets he should be consuming according to you very experienced owners. :)

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Relocation stress is gonna slow his eating down --- its good hes eating --- its when they stop eating all together is a issue-- he needs salads every morning http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html ignore the kale thing its a good staple feeder--- where did you order dubias from -- 6 days is a long time- this place is faster www.dubiaroaches.com -- do not feed a cricket that is bigger than him so to speak you dont want him impacted --- I would order him some nutrigrubs also known as BSFL calci worms and phoenix worms--- they are a great staple feeder and a nice compliment to his dubias- you can also get him some butter worms and horn worms as well - the horn worms are a hydrating worm and grow real fast so order small amounts -- I would use the BSFL or nutrigrubs and butter worms as lures to the salad bowl --- add them in front of him to get his attention --- use as many nutrigrubs as you want do not dust them --- silk worms are a great staple feeder as well you can get them from here www.reptilianarts.com if you order in bulk like 50 make sure you get food and clean their containers out daily --- they come small --you can also order from here www.coastilsilkworms.com another site www.mulberryfarms.com super worms are another lure but they need to be small --- so I would wait on those for now till he gets bigger -- you can go here and get them www.reptilesplus.com they carry small --- that is the only site that I know of that has small -- if you have anymore questions please ask -- you want him eating some salad -- you can let him eat from the salad bowl w/ worms for say an hr then add your staple feeder like the dubias make sure your using a glass or ceramic bowl the worms and insects cant get out of --- disable the crickets by pulling a leg off if you haft to
Happy Shopping
Karrie

WinFam01

Juvie Member
I don't call myself experienced because I am new, but ours only ate a handful in the beginning. Her appetite really picked up at around 4-5 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom