Repashy Beardie Buffet

Status
Not open for further replies.

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
I've seen that Repashy seems to be one of the go-to names in herp nutrition. I'm curious about the Beardie Buffet product. Is it intended as a total replacement for insect and veggie food, as an addition to a live/fresh diet, or as a treat? Does anyone use it as a staple feeder? If so, what's the appeal? I was thinking of trying it on Figment, who doesn't get a lot of variety in his veggie diet due to his pickiness about salads, but it's pretty pricey, so I figured I'd ask for opinions.

I also see a Grub Pie for beardies, but I'm more interested in supplementing his veggie intake... so would Veggie Burger be more what I need?

Opinions, please?

Draven88

Hatchling Member
Repashy Beardie Buffet is a good product, It does have a good ratio of protein while keeping the fats low. It even has a bit of calcium content which is good, but it is not a replacement for live food. It is (at least in my opinion) a good food to go along with proper salads and insect diet. Even their Grub pie which is higher in protein and fat is *advertised* as a 75% meal replacement which i think is high at most i would pit repashy at 1/4 to 1/3 of diet preferably around 1/4 (along with i find the levels of fat in that a little high for a regular food). Even the veggie burger is 8% fat vs the beardie buffet at 6%. And keep in mind they are all a mix of protein and veggies in the mixes.

So overall I would try beardie buffet first. It can be a great addition to feeding a diverse and balanced diet, but it is not a replacement. In most cases it they like it you can adjust insects and such accordingly for a little less to still be a good amount of food overall but you should not eliminate them.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Our beardie goes nuts for Repashy Grub Pie. :blob8: We make it into the gel and cut it into little wormy shapes. The gel can also be frozen once it's made up.

Supplies of good fresh greens, and especially bugs, are iffy here in Alaska, especially in the winter, so we keep the Repashy Grub Pie around in case of emergency shortages of his regular food. Lately we haven't had to feed it to him on a regular basis because supplies have been fairly reliable, even with the covid thing. And this time of year we have plenty of fresh dandelions for him growing wild in the backyard. My husband manages the crops by mowing the lawn in different places and always leaving a good patch of young dandelion greens.

We can barely coax our beardie to eat any greens at all, so anything that has some veggie material in it, and that he likes, is a good thing. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom