Cricket size for beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.
My beardie is almost 8 months old and she is 15 inches long. I’m switching to crickets for a little while and I’m not sure what size is good for her. I know people say nothing bigger than the space between their eyes, but is it width or length?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
She should be able to eat medium size for sure --- try those --- what are you normally feeding her? Are you feeding salads and worms as well as part of her diet?
Karrie

Dragonfury866

Original Poster
I’m feeding her Phoenix worms and salads about every couple days with any combination of carrots, dandelion greens, and butternut squash.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
She needs salads everyday along w/ insects- I would look at ordering her some dubia roaches they are a great staple feeder-- if you need websites for roaches and worms silk worms are another great staple feeder--- let me know I can post websites for you
Karrie

Dragonfury866

Original Poster
Okay, I’ll provide her salads every day, but I can’t get dubias. I’ve had them in the past, but I’m only 17 and my mother is very against roaches in the house. Are phoenix worms and crickets healthy as a staple?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Yes and silk worms- they are a good supplement to your bsfl (Phoenix worms) and crickets- here is a website for silk worm and super worms-- www.reptilianarts.com -- if you order silk and your order bulk like 50 make sure you get food you will need to feed everyday and clean their containers out daily
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lil booshka
Top Bottom