New beardie eating enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all!
I’m new to bearded dragons. I got my first, nearly 12 week old, beardie on Wednesday. He’s eating roughly 3-4 small dubia’s per feeding (3x/day) but I feel like it’s not enough. Also wants nothing to do with his greens (which i mist with water), so I’m worried he’s not hydrated enough? Hope I’m just overreacting but figured I’d check in with more experienced owners for some advice.
Thanks!

*side note: i’m having trouble finding a dish that’ll keep his dubia’s from escaping into the rest of the tank...he doesn’t go looking for them. He only eats when i feed him with tongs.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Get him some BSFL from here they sell bowls on that website they are pretty spendy tho but nice bowls -- others on here have found some ceramic ones cheaper I think on Amazon but am not sure - you want a bowl glass or ceramic that will not let worms get out of www.symptonbsf.com I have the X large one it was like $15 dollars - order some large BSFL and add them as salad toppers also get some super worms and some silk worms-- they too can be used to lure to the salad bowl - the silk worms are a good staple feeder like the BSFL - you can get super worms and silk worms from here www.reptilianarts.com if you order like 50 make sure you get food to feed them and they will send small ones they need to be fed daily and containers cleaned out as well - I would use like 1-2 super worms and 3 silk on top along w/ your BSFL on the salads- you might need to increase the size of your roaches - they have roaches too I have not ordered from them for those but the silk and super worms are nice -- feed the salads first thing in the morning before roaches - w/ the silk and super and salads it will cut down on the quantity of the roaches -- I also recommend butter worms of which every one is out of now and horn worms as well - the horn worms are a good hydrating worm -- you can look at these websites for other supply of worms and roaches etc --
www.mulberryfarms.com
www.coastilsilkworms.com
www.dubiaroaches.com this is my normal go to place for worms and roaches but they are not shipping at the moment of roaches - they are restocking -
I have been getting my silk worms and super worms from reptilian arts - they are pretty quick to ship out - the horn and butter worms and dubias I normally get from dubiaroaches-- if you get horn worms make sure you get small quantity they grow real fast --- dubia roaches sends small ones so order I think medium not large -- try that see how it goes -
Karrie

ZeroSkellington

Original Poster
KarrieRee":2k1bozyx said:
Get him some BSFL from here they sell bowls on that website they are pretty spendy tho but nice bowls -- others on here have found some ceramic ones cheaper I think on Amazon but am not sure - you want a bowl glass or ceramic that will not let worms get out of http://www.symptonbsf.com I have the X large one it was like $15 dollars - order some large BSFL and add them as salad toppers also get some super worms and some silk worms-- they too can be used to lure to the salad bowl - the silk worms are a good staple feeder like the BSFL - you can get super worms and silk worms from here http://www.reptilianarts.com if you order like 50 make sure you get food to feed them and they will send small ones they need to be fed daily and containers cleaned out as well - I would use like 1-2 super worms and 3 silk on top along w/ your BSFL on the salads- you might need to increase the size of your roaches - they have roaches too I have not ordered from them for those but the silk and super worms are nice -- feed the salads first thing in the morning before roaches - w/ the silk and super and salads it will cut down on the quantity of the roaches -- I also recommend butter worms of which every one is out of now and horn worms as well - the horn worms are a good hydrating worm -- you can look at these websites for other supply of worms and roaches etc --
http://www.mulberryfarms.com
http://www.coastilsilkworms.com
http://www.dubiaroaches.com this is my normal go to place for worms and roaches but they are not shipping at the moment of roaches - they are restocking -
I have been getting my silk worms and super worms from reptilian arts - they are pretty quick to ship out - the horn and butter worms and dubias I normally get from dubiaroaches-- if you get horn worms make sure you get small quantity they grow real fast --- dubia roaches sends small ones so order I think medium not large -- try that see how it goes -
Karrie

Amazing - thank you so much for your detailed response! I’ll definitely try what you suggested ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom