A Feeding Question to all owners in the Netherlands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lesw

Hi, I live in the Netherlands and have a 15 month old Rankins dragon who has just come out of Brumation.

Before brumating he really wasn't into vegetables or fruit, in fact he stubbornly hated them :banghead:

I'm just easing him back into food again and I thought it might be the best time to try to get him interested in veggies. Problem is the only thing I could persuade him to eat before were a few small leaves of Andijve.

I've read a lot of online advice :study: over various suitable greens but most mention veggies found in other countries, such as Collar greens, mustard greens etc.

I just wanted to ask what my fellow Dutch owners are feeding their dragons?

Thanks and I hope to hear from you.
Stay Well !

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Do you have anything coming up in your garden yet?(if you have a garden). If you don't have a garden, do you have easy access to a grocery store ?(I know this can be tougher than usual at the moment). I think the key is offering a variety of options rather than focusing on anything specific. Most dark leafy greens are good. Things like bell pepper/capsicum, green beans, and all kinds of squash are good options. I would just try offering what you have available and make a variety from that rather than focusing on specific recommendations. If you can find some favorite veges that you can easily access that is a good place to begin. Hand feeding and cutting squash into small worm shapes can sometimes help get attention when offering veges.

Lesw

Original Poster
Thanks for the reply, well we do have a garden but nothing edible for "Henry" I believe, maybe some dandelions later :D

I've tried (Many times) the offerings from the local supermarkets, including Squashes, bell peppers, greens etc with much the same result, no interest!

I've even tried not feeding him for a while, as suggested online but I think Henry would rather starve then eat veggies.

Oh well, I'll keep trying!

Groetjes or should I say Friendly vegetables :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vaota88
Top Bottom