How does this diet sound?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Natsucci

Hello there! This is my first post. I don’t have a beardie yet, but I’ve been preparing. I wanted to know, how does this diet sound to you all?

- Frozen turnip greens (All the markets nearby sell them in giant bushels that’d go bad, so I want to freeze them.)
- Fresh yellow squash
- Calcium/Vitamin supplement on the salad
- Mealworms

I’m mostly concerned about the frozen greens, because I’ve heard mixed opinions about that. In my head, the fresh squash and the supplement balance anything lost by freezing.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Yes frozen greens not so much -- I would not freeze-- peas are ok thawed out but they are not a staple- your way better off going fresh --- turnips will last 2 weeks in the fridge -- I try and not store them wet dry as much as possible --- w/ all my greens like kale collard and turnip --- mustard I dont buy so often cuz for some reason they do not last as long as the rest --- everything I serve is fresh nothing canned frozen or dried --- here is a website for you for nutrition http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html ignore the thing about kale its good as a staple
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom