EATING LESS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone!!!
I'm just going through a struggle that I know many people have. My beardie is usually a garbage disposal, eating everything in sight. However, for the past month, I've noticed he's been eating less and less. Typically, he'd eat about 20-25 mealworms and 10-15 dubias a day. Now its hard to get him to eat a few. His poops have also gotten smaller. However, it doesn't look like he's lost any weight, if he has, not much. Its also been about a month and a half since his last shed. Is this just a phase he's going through that he will grow out of? Is he just stocking up waiting for a growth spurt or something?

Setup
-50 gallon
-Repticarpet
-100°-105°F basking spot
-Reptisun T5 5.0 UVB 22" strip mounted 12 in. away from basking spot
-Humidity 30%-40%

106660-5500297560.jpg
106660-9933171416.jpg
These pictures were taken a few hours before posting this. Thank you for your insights and replies!!!!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How old is your dragon, he is pretty good sized & looks healthy.
They do go through phases where they don't eat as much or if they are pre-shed. Since he
isn't in a shedding phase, he might be going through a slow down phase in between growth
spurts.
When they reach 8 or so months, a lot of times they start eating less insects & begin eating a
little more vegetation.
Your lighting is very good, the T5 lights are very good. Is it mounted on top or or underneath of
the screen top?

Tracie

ChrisKim1010047

Original Poster
Hello Tracie,
I've had my beardie for ablut 5 months. When I got him I wasn't sure how old he was. But I'm gonna assume hes 7 to 8 months now.
My T5 bulb is mounted on top of the terrarium but I've cut a hole in the screen to minimize the blockage of UVB.
I provide a bowl of kale daily, but he seems to have little interest in it. Any suggestions??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom