How does this sound for feeding?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a sub adult (I think, I bought him in october, 6 months ago and he was small but not tiny then) beardie, and I think this should work...

-turn his lights on, give him a salad (usually collard greens and mustard greens, and add in anything else i have he can eat... any suggestions?)

-wait a bit and give him his bugs:
5 medium dubia
10 large superworms
(plus calcium and multivitamin)

is this a good diet?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Yes that sounds good --- a good balanced diet will keep him healthy along w/ good UVB and good basking temps-- so hes about 9 months old? Make sure your dusting his bugs w/ calcium D3 5 x per week and vitamins 2 x per week -- you can also add to his diet butter worms and some silk worms as they are a good staple feeder too --- its good to switch them off and on
Karrie

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Sounds good to me. The more variety you can offer the better IMO.
10 supers is a bit much though. I wouldn't surpass 5 a day along with other feeders. So maybe up the dubia count, or add in some other bugs like BSFL or mealworms. Silks and butterworms would be great choices too.

Does he eat his salads well?

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom