Keeping greens fresh

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a baby Beardie who absolutely loves celery greens. The young tender ones from the middle of the stalk are his/her favorite. Mozie is a very picky eater so I was overjoyed that his favorite is something cheap and easy to find. He (I'll go with that cuz I really think its a he) loves to graze but when I would put a small stalk with some leaves in his tank it would wilt quickly. I took a small condiment cup (what I prefer to call jello shot cup) made a criss cross slit in the top, filled it with water and put the stalk of the celery through the slit. Now it will stay fresh and crisp for him all day. He seems a bit perplexed by the cup but is chowing away on his celery leaves. Necessity is the mother of invention I guess and it kept me busy while being housebound. Stay safe and healthy everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bearded dragon
Top Bottom