Baby Beardie Wont Eat :( Please Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, Im new here and new to taking care of beardies. Exactly 3 weeks ago today I got a female baby bearded dragon that I named Adara. I didnt start tracking her growth until this week but I estimate that shes 2 months old. She weighs 5 grams and is 6 inches long. She started visibly shedding 5 days ago and it looks like she still has quite a bit to go. She gets daily baths and daily mists (she loves water). I also take her outside for direct sun for 15 minutes every day. The conditions in her cage are all correct- cold side between 78 and 85 degrees, hot side ambient around 95, basking closer to 110. She has a reptisun T5 UVB tube, and I dont remember the brand of the basking light, maybe Zilla? She hasnt been eating and I know its probably because shes shedding but im really worried about how skinny she is. She gets offered meal worms and veggies daily and usually she wont take more than 1 mealworm or pea pod a day which are dusted in calcium. I know mealworms arent good but I live in Miami, Fl, and dubia roaches are illegal here so im still figuring out how to get them shipped, but once I do ill breed them for my beardie. Im not sure what I can do about how skinny she is while shes shedding but please help. Ill also attach pictures. In the picture of the enclosure, the humidity is high only because I had just misted her- its not usually that high, usually 30.
107660-9971636370.jpg
107660-8345931726.jpg
107660-2214598218.jpg
107660-3771106941.jpg
107660-305192271.jpg
107660-1916874857.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I am assuming the UVB is 12-15 inches from basking area and she can sit directly under it w/ NO cover on the fixture covering the bulb?? Next no more meal worms --- you can get discoid roaches from here
https://www.lunaroaches.com/?postId=5da69347af7316001778e498
NO one will ship dubias to Fla--- I would get some other worms to offer her -- she is tiny -- you can get some small super worms from here -- https://reptilesupply.com/ this is the only place that I know of that carries small super worms - I would get her some butter worms they are really soft -- your humidity is fine --- if shes not eating her salads get the worms and add them to her salad first thing in the morning but you need a bowl they cant get out of glass works good and add them to the salad in front of her so she sees you doing this - it will get her attention to the bowl - I would only do 1-3 also get her some BSFL -- they can be ordered here https://symtonbsf.com/ you can get the butter worms from here along w/ the BSFL and butter worms as well - they call them calci worms or nutri grubs - http://www.dubiaroaches.com order the nutri grub worms medium size - I usually tell people to order large but she looks small so go with w/ the medium -- add those to the salad in front of her as well and you can feed as many as you want as they are another staple feeder --- and dont dust them -- check out the websites --- I imagine the relocation stress and shedding is effecting her appetite
Karrie

Alanacorinne27

Original Poster
KarrieRee":31svgmz2 said:
I am assuming the UVB is 12-15 inches from basking area and she can sit directly under it w/ NO cover on the fixture covering the bulb??

Thank you so much! I just put an order in for everything you recommended. But to answer your question, yes, the uvb is right by the basking area with plenty of room for her to sit under it and there is NO cover on the fixture covering the bulb :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom