Emergency backup food.

Status
Not open for further replies.

opaquelace

Hatchling Member
Like the title says, I was wondering if there was anything I could order in case our delivery services come to a stop for a week or more? Since my dragons are juveniles they go through a lot. I have a roach colony trying to get started (if they’d just get busy lol ?) and I ordered 2k BSFL from symton which actually turned out to be 2400 (woot). They shouldnt consume roaches so fast now. Anyway, was just wondering if something like beardie buffet would be good? Looking for an adequate protein source for them since I’m not worried about produce. Obviously won’t be hoarding this stuff either, just maybe 1 or 2 packs of protein rich foods I can use to substitute to hold onto my roaches a little longer and hopefully get them to producing food.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Even with the shelter in place rules going into effect over many areas of the us, essential duties are still running. This includes delivery services so we shouldn't be getting to a point where we can't make only purchases and get them delivered anymore.

I would order a bunch of supers and mealworms. They can be kept for months as long as you have some oats and a carrot for them to eat.

Pair that with your dubia colony and your BSFL and you should be fine :)

-Brandon

opaquelace

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Claudiusx":4endjlwf said:
Even with the shelter in place rules going into effect over many areas of the us, essential duties are still running. This includes delivery services so we shouldn't be getting to a point where we can't make only purchases and get them delivered anymore.

I would order a bunch of supers and mealworms. They can be kept for months as long as you have some oats and a carrot for them to eat.

Pair that with your dubia colony and your BSFL and you should be fine :)

-Brandon

Thanks! I had seen the other thread and tried to delete this one but couldn’t. I didn’t realize the super worms could last so long. I’ll have to text my vet and see who she gets her supers from. I’m in Louisiana and right now about 40% of the people they’re testing are positive so I’m sure a shelter in place order is coming where I am.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yup, they just announced our shelter in place today, until further notice :roll:

-Brandon

opaquelace

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Claudiusx":3vj92lys said:
Yup, they just announced our shelter in place today, until further notice :roll:

-Brandon
Yikes. I saw you and your family had been sick on your beardie tales thread and us too. Honestly I’m thankful for the time off my kids have, just not the reasoning. Let their little immune systems get back up to speed. Being a stay at home mom has its benefits in moments like these at least. No worrying about work and whatnot.

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
opaquelace":1o9ud7xo said:
Claudiusx":1o9ud7xo said:

-Brandon
Yikes. I saw you and your family had been sick on your beardie tales thread and us too. Honestly I’m thankful for the time off my kids have, just not the reasoning. Let their little immune systems get back up to speed. Being a stay at home mom has its benefits in moments like these at least. No worrying about work and whatnot.
I so feel for y'all with kids at home. I can remember kids being out for a few days due to weather and climbing the walls in no time. I hear lots of school systems are saying they won't come back this school year.
I decided to stock up on my Petey's Supers, just to be on the safe side. I ordered 500 from Rainbow Mealworms and hope they are good quality. At 18 a week, he's good for 6 months.
Anyone have an opinion on Rainbow? I've heard good and not so good stuff about them but good prices.
Let me know what you think.
-Dee

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I won't order from them again-- they ripped me off out of $50
Karrie

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Well! There's 2 from opposite ends of the spectrum. ?
I forgot who you had ordered from Karrie. Dang. Hope I have better luck. ?
-Dee

opaquelace

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
DragonPete":2s3b1rah said:
opaquelace":2s3b1rah said:
Claudiusx":2s3b1rah said:

-Brandon
I so feel for y'all with kids at home. I can remember kids being out for a few days due to weather and climbing the walls in no time. I hear lots of school systems are saying they won't come back this school year.
I decided to stock up on my Petey's Supers, just to be on the safe side. I ordered 500 from Rainbow Mealworms and hope they are good quality. At 18 a week, he's good for 6 months.
Anyone have an opinion on Rainbow? I've heard good and not so good stuff about them but good prices.
Let me know what you think.
-Dee
I’m so thankful to be a stay at home mom right now. I do some freelance work from home as a writer for websites, but it takes me maybe 4 days out of the whole month lol so, it’s nothing. My kids are out until at least the 13th of April, but being in Louisiana I think we’re going to be out longer. We have community spread in New Orleans and everything is at a standstill and they expect we have 7-10 days, if cases don’t slow down, until we’re at capacity in the hospitals in the southern portion of the state. I mean we held on with no cases for a while, but with Mardi Gras and cruises in and out it was bound to explode.

opaquelace

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
KarrieRee":14zvp56s said:
I won't order from them again-- they ripped me off out of $50
Karrie

Who do you order supers from? I asked my vet and she sent a link but I couldn’t find the right size. Dubiaraches.com has the right size but I’d like to order more than 25. Preferably a thousand.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I just got my 1000 supers from rainbow in today. about my 5th time with them and they come great every time.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom