Calcium and vitamins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mflav

Hello....Oscar is about 9-10mon old I give him salad every morning consisting of mustard greens, collard greens, kale, cilantro, peas, butternut squash and green peppers). I have had him since he was about two months old and he was never a big salad eater and still is not. I would say he probably takes 10 bites at best and then walks away. He IS eating it more often as he’s getting older but definitely not as much as he should be...He gets 7 to 10 Dubia roaches daily about 3 to 4 hours after I give him his salad. Once a week I give him liquid vitamin supplement and I mix that with a pinch of reptiCal calcium D3 powder and mix them together and give orally. My question is am I doing this calcium and vitamin thing correct? I was just told by a reptile place only to dust his salads two times a week and the Dubias every day and NO liquid vitamin. If I stop this which I have been doing since Nov. will that give him enough calcium that he needs? Also since he is not a big salad eater is he getting enough vitamins if I stop the supplement? Please help I just want to do what’s best for him!!!!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It sounds like he is getting plenty of food. Over the next 6 months or so you can slowly dial back the frequency of bug meals and hopefully he will start to dig into the salads a bit more. Shoot for only one or two bug meals per week (roughly) by around 18 months. The items in your salad are nice and healthy. I don't bother adding supplementation to salads since they are nutrient rich. I just dust the bugs with calcium at every feeding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom