Am I Feeding My Young Bearded Dragon Properly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryexbread

My bearded dragon Athena seems to be a very happy and lively :)
I just wanted to check and see if what i am doing is correct.
Every morning ill give her as much worms as she wants until she gets full, i give her calcium everyday except the weekends. I put a salad on the side with yellow squash and collard greens that she sadly never eats because she doesn't like it yet :(. At night i give her 10 crickets at the most unless she's really hungry. I usually spray her with water and give her baths so she can drink. She poops everyday, Her poop is solid and the tip is white. How much should she weigh and how should i weigh her? I don't want her to be over or under weight, I'm paranoid. Ill try to post a picture of her below lol, I'm new to this. /Users/ryleesopka/Downloads/IMG_2403.jpg

ryexbread

Original Poster
Gormagon":1hr9nxtp said:
How old is your dragon?

When you say you feed at night, what do you mean?

Im not exactly sure how old she is but i know she’s a couple months , and around 7-8 pm i feed her but if i feed her too late i keep her heat lamp on so she can digest properly

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
The lights need to be set on a timer so she has a scheduled (they love schedules) time for daylight hours. Mixed times confuse them and they get grumpy. I run "no" lights at night so their metabolisms can slow down and, get rest. My 2 dragons lights come on at 6am and, go off at 8pm, I never feed after 6pm. This allows ample time for digestion and, makes for a happier dragon.

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
ryexbread":1i9dxuf8 said:
I put a salad on the side with yellow squash and collard greens that she sadly never eats because she doesn't like it yet :(
Try putting the worms & some salad together (not too much). She'll try to pick the worms out between the salad, but she'll probably get some salad anyway, and once it's in her mouth she'll probably eat it. :wink:

I also found that some cilantro (coriander) is a good starter. My guy ate that before any other greens. After a few days, he actually grabbed a mouthful of it & scarfed it down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom