Feeding help

Status
Not open for further replies.

worldofbeardies

I just got my first bearded dragon almost a week ago. She is 5 months old. She didn't eat for the first day or so. In a couple days I got her to eat a couple crickets. Starting yesterday, her appetite has drastically increased which I'm very happy about. Here's my problem though, she will not eat from anything but the tongs. Her breeder fed her the same thing that I'm feeding her. She loves her crickets and she will eat a couple pieces of turnip greens, but she does not like anything else. I'm not sure why she won't eat from a bowl either. I'd love some tips!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Get a glass bowl something worms cannot get out of- make your salad here is a website for nutrition
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html this will tell you what to feed how often to feed and what not to feed
Order some BSFL from here www.symtonbsf.com order large as they are small -get some medium super worms use 1-3 place on top of the salad and let her see your do this the movement will entice her to the bowl - next I would switch over to dubia roaches you can get them from here
www.dubiaroaches.com also you can get butter worms when they have them back in stock - all these work good to get them to that bowl - let her eat from the salad bowl for like an hr or so then add the staple feeder dubias are easier to work w/ take out a few of the vegies leaving some in there so when you add the dubias shes eating salad too -- try this and see if it will work -
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom